Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Just go...

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB:

    India? Poor?

    I saw a few pics and documentaries of India (the Taj Mahal rocks BTW, but it's not at all the only thing I saw), and well, it doesn't look like Madrid or Paris... Of course it's not like, say, Somalia, but it's considered a poor country.


    You believe in science

    I don't <u>believe</u> in Science. I don't believe in anything. That's the difference with Science, it's not about belief, it's about <u>knowledge</u>. Everything Scientists say is (or may be) proven in front of everybody, thus it's never a belief. It's not about "Look, when you put too much plutonium together, a huge white neko god gets angry and sends mystical spiritual waves", but "Look, we discovered how the chain reaction works: brief, schemes, proof, extended information, experiments, do-it-yourself tutorial, take all." Plus the addendum on newkewler security and why you can't buy plutonium in Walmart. The reason why I use Science is exactly because I don't believe in anything.


    To others whom have spirit, they will see you as depressing, with no direction outside of life.

    Reality is not depressing, we've got sex, videogames, and Asian pr0n, what else would you want? (lol j/k)


    You can't call all religious people 'lambs'.

    I don't always call them lambs; sometimes, they call lambs themselves, LOL


    Call me a 'lamb'

    Yes, you are all land-dwelling 'lambs'!!! (Xeno joke)

    You don't seem to be manipulated by some greedy priest, so you don't fall on my exact definition of lamb.


    at least i do something after life

    How do you know? Nobody demonstrated that would happen.


    The suggestion is, if you attack something, you're afraid of it.

    I disagree; everybody makes fun of 12 year old AOLers and is not afraid of them [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "That's the difference with Science, it's not about belief, it's about knowledge."

    I can be knowledge-able of a religion. I can think it's true. Science is still a belief, it's not all true. Most of it is theory.

    "Reality is not depressing, we've got sex, videogames, and Asian pr0n, what else would you want?"

    We want that after life, duh!

    "I disagree; everybody makes fun of 12 year old AOLers and is not afraid of them"

    I still eat them anyway.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Nah, Wiccans are generally not lambs, except the fluffbunnies.

    I usually aim lambs towards Christians, and members of other religions that they are just born into, and never question.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ April 26, 2004 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  4. #34
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can be knowledge-able of a religion. I can think it's true.

    That's incorrect. You cannot know something you assume. Otherwise I could go and say I know there's a winged white elephant over my head that turns invisible when I try look at him, because I think it's true. But I would be crazy, rather than wise.


    Science is still a belief, it's not all true. Most of it is theory.

    This is wrong as well. Once a set of axioms is defined (who, if applied to reality, are an assumption based on the principles of repeated observation, simplicity, and minimality), the rest of it is built on logic, deduction, Math, and similar disciplines, and is absolutely true. When it's impossible to determine something, the simplest, smallest theory of all possible ones is adopted as possibly true, and remains a theory, not a fact. Scientists are well aware that specifical part is not a proven fact, and they are always challenging it to see if it works, otherwise it's replaced for something that works better.

    Compare this to angels, witches, mystical spirits, and Harry Potter.


    We want that after life, duh!

    That you want it (or believe in it) does not guarantee that you get it. And if you are to get it, it doesn't matter if you don't want it (or believe in it). So religion and spirituality makes no sense.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew a girl who was a wiccan. She was cool.
    Hmmm.. Yeah, from waht little I know of the Wiccan religion, it seems to be positive I guess. It sort of fits the bill for the 'go out and enjoylife dummies' catagory. Not a bad religion, at least I'm not sure.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i knew a gay wiccan guy... lmao he was in my high school art class funny guy too, lmao

  7. #37
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And i read about a girl who was sent to a mental place because she was caught with a book about Wicca (real stuff). Crazy!

    Just one more thing. Science is a belief. People do choose not to believe in it as an explanation to everything. I'm one of those people too. Uber religous people will think that their knowledge is the truth, just like you do with science.

    Like you've learnt and recited from Nietzche, It is human nature to attack each other. If this really is the case, why do you think we don't need religion? Religion does stop most people from killing people. While it's a shame the major ones steal money, if 'lambs' are dumb enough to throw away money, then they need to be religious. Otherwise, they will hurt others.

    Religion does have a place. While it does control the masses, at least it stops some from killing.

    Note: Don't include Islam. I know about that crap, let's just leave it out for now.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    w00t! I win for once! *victory dance*

    Anyway, back on topic, Singapora. Anyone been there?

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, is it nice?

  10. #40
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You win? Ha. All you've won is that I'm so tired I won't bother replying your posts because a wall would be a smarter listener. Besides, my Stupid-aware filter is getting overloaded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •